Welcome to Illinois Parents
the information exchange on family engagement in Illinois! Here we connect families to resources on raising and educating their children
and schools to resources in their work with families
While you're here...
- Access local organizations and agencies that provide support services to families and educators
- Browse the calendar for events focused on parenting and professional development
- Access county, regional, and statewide Hotlines
- Search the School Community Journal for articles and field reports related to the school as a community of teachers, students, parents, and staff
- View ISBE's 2015 ESEA (NCLB) Conference presentations focused on building strong family-school partnerships in Illinois
Illinois Association for Gifted Children
The Illinois Association for Gifted Children empowers educators, families and communities by advancing effective practices, programs and policies to create a voice within Illinois and further the opportunities to better understand the educational and social/emotional needs of gifted individuals.
Phone: (847) 963-1892
The mission of the Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center is to build upon families' strengths, empower parents and professionals to achieve the strongest possible outcomes for students with disabilities; enhancing the quality of life for children and young adults with disabilities.
Phone: (217) 347-5119
Wabash Area Development, Inc. (WADI)
We strengthen the whole family through literacy programs, Child Care, GED preparation, job training and on-the-job support, rental subsidies, job search assistance, job placement, job creation, budget counseling, and public internet access. We support families in crisis with temporary food, shelter, and energy assistance.
Phone: (618) 963-2387